How to Know You’re Going Native, Part Zwei
Lucy made sure we knew the top fifteen signs that you are going “native” in Germany. Just in case you are still unsure, here are ten more ways you can check. Enjoy!
CONTRIBUTED BY LUCY B.
1) Sometimes you order sparkling water on purpose.
2) New Year’s Eve is for watching Dinner for One and setting off fireworks.
3) You’re thinking of taking your next vacation on Mallorca.
4) You take your dog into department stores so he can shop with you.
5) There’s a certain way you like your Döner, and only one place that gets it exactly right.
6) You order ketchup and mayo with your fries, even if it makes your American friends gag.
7) You automatically take off your shoes when you come inside the house.
8) You have a little wheelie cart to carry your groceries back from the market on Saturdays.
9) The bottom of your purse is full of expired batteries that you’ve been meaning to drop in the collection bin at the grocery store.
10) You don’t even flinch when old ladies yell at you anymore because that’s just what old ladies do.
What would you add to the list?
Note: Click on photos for credits.