CONTRIBUTED BY SARAH FORTE
There is no shortage of Mexican restaurants in the Kaiserslautern/Einsiedlerhof area. It also seems like they keep springing up, vying for the top spot in the hearts of those who are looking for the perfect salsa, margarita, enchilada, quesadilla, or tostada. Primavera is jumping into the fray looking for to be your tasty favorite.
Located in Einsiedlerhof it’s conveniently located between K-town and Ramstein, in an industrial type of area. The restaurant has plenty of space – indoor, outdoor, bar area, lounge, booths, tables and a larger party room, all decorated with Mexican kitsch.
From our visit and polling some others who have visited, I’ve gathered these anecdotal notes:
- High marks on the fajitas from a legit fajita expert.
- If you are a fan of heat, try the jalapeno margarita. It’s a nice reverse of sensations to get the spice from your drink instead of using the drink to temper the food. I will be coming back for this drink!
- The chicken quesadilla was more pollo than queso, but our expert taster still enjoyed it.
- If you like sour cream, you will not be disappointed. Sour cream and lots of it on many of their dishes.
- More high marks on the enchilada. The taster concentrated on eating and not talking so we have few details on this one.
- Plus: Free! chips and salsa at your table once you are seated. Minus (for some): the salsa was very mild.
- I had a combination plate with a chalupa and burrito. Combinations come with rice, beans and salad. I enjoyed it all, and the favorite thing on my plate was the burrito.
- The Azteca burrito was fine. Nothing to write home about. “I’ll order something different next time,” said the eater.
There are lunch specials and daily specials as well. You can get one item, beans and rice with lunch special #1 for €4.50. The daily specials include all you can eat specials and two-for-one drinks. The total bill for two adults for a burrito, combo plate, and two drinks was under €30.00.
For those of you in search of your favorite Mexican restaurant in the K-town area, make sure you try Primavera before casting your vote.
Tips for your trip:
Primavera Mexican Restaurant
49.4337303552218 N 7.669625998178162E
Free street side parking, with few other establishments nearby competing for spots.
Monday – Thursday: 1000 – 2300
Friday – Saturday: 1000 – 0000
Sunday: 1000 – 2300
They take Visa, American Express and Mastercard, American dollars and Euros.
Other Mexican restaurants in the area: